Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chicken Practice


Last weekend I decided to practice on a few chicken thighs. The goal was taste and skin texture, so I didn't take time to trim the skin. I cooked the chicken hot ~325-350, indirect with the smoking plate and some pecan chips. The rub was a mixture of Lawry's Chicken Seasoning from Sam's and dry mango jello mix found in the mexican section of the grocery store. The rub was excellent. I glazed it with a mixture of 3 Little Pigs Competition Blend sauce and peach nectar. The end result was a good tasting product.

2 comments:

~Mooney said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere Eric! Its good to see more BBQ blogs out here. But some of you put way more effort into your blogs then i do mine, and its starting to make me look bad (Chez!) How about we all slack off like i do from now on? LOL

~Mooney said...

Oh, and got ya book marked too!