Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Southwest Airlines Customer Service


One of the interesting parts of this blog is definitely going to be the stupid stuff that I do or that happens to me. My flight last week to Chicago is a prime example of some of my genius...and fortunately very good luck...


When I fly, I always put my moneyclip/wallet in the front zipper pocket of my backpack. I was seated in the next to last row on the plane, so as everyone began exiting, I put up my iPod and grabbed my money clip and put it in my pocket. As I left, I looked back at my seat to be sure I hadn't left anything (OCD at work here) and exited the plane. I went to get my rental car at Hertz and as luck would have it, Hertz didn't have my name listed on the "board" outside, so I had to go into the desk to get my car. The nice lady at the desk asked for my driver's license and credit card so I reached in my front pocket...and to my dismay...no money clip...so know I'm starting to panic...I looked in the backpack...even dumped it out on the couch in the Hertz lobby. I called Southwest, knowing that the plane was very close to leaving for Detroit! Meanwhile, I have a meeting downtown in 45 minutes and find myself unable to rent a car, get a cab, check into my hotel room, buy a meal and get on the plane to return home! Once on the phone with the airline, the customer service agent gave me the name of the local baggage desk at Midway. While on the phone, I was running toward the baggage claim area. Once at baggage claim, the one of the ladies at the desk said, "I'm working on it"...she said to the person on the phone, "you've got it"..."and the money is there too". Relief! She told me she had to go to the security checkpoint to retrieve the money clip...I asked if I should go...and she looked at me and said, "Sir, I think you should sit down and relax"...


A special thanks goes out to Nakesha at the Southwest desk and the crew of flight 424!

No comments: